Positivity Toolbox’s Top 101 Tips for Totally Super, Awesome, Magical and Fantastic Positivity Living
1. Always eat breakfast.
2. Say “Thank You” all day long, including to yourself.
3. Make a point to smile at a stranger today.
4. Turn off the TV and open a book.
5. Plan to kiss your significant other 100 times in one day. But don’t tell them your plan. See what happens!
6. Volunteer anywhere for any length of time. Do something outside of yourself and your regular life.
7. Send an anonymous gift to someone.
8. Give yourself a hug. For real.
9. Start walking and meditate while you walk.
10. Bring a camera everywhere you go and take lots of pictures.
11. Pick a Saturday and eat cold pizza for breakfast and reminisce about college. If you didn’t go to college, eat cold pizza for breakfast and reminisce about old friends!
12. Promptly correct your mistakes whenever possible.
13. Schedule that medical exam you’ve been putting off.
14. Save your spare change, roll it up once a year and take it to the bank. Call it your “Positivity Fund” and do something positive with it, whatever that might be.
15. Write yourself a letter. Seal it. Put it in the drawer. Then, mark your calendar to read it in one year.
16. Recognize the times when you act judgmental and nip it in the bud. And when you catch yourself being judgmental do your best not to judge yourself for judging them.
17. Go skinny dipping, but don’t get arrested.
18. When you leave a tip out at dinner one night leave a note to your server that they’re the best server ever!
19. Blast your favorite tunes and dance around your kitchen when you make dinner tonight.
20. Practice good oral hygiene; floss, brush and use mouthwash.
21. Learn to speed read.
22. Buy yourself a blanket, call it your “blankie” and snuggle with it when you’re relaxing, just like when you were little.
23. Make a list of all the things you love about YOU!
24. Unplug the phone, turn off the TV, turn off the computer and remain in silence for a whole day. See what thoughts come to you!
25. Slow down.
26. Make up cute nicknames for people you love and call them by their nickname.
27. Hold babies.
28. Admit when you’re wrong.
29. Eat more green food, like kale, broccoli and spinach.
30. Keep a houseplant. Taking care of something creates a positive feeling.
31. Give compliments freely and abundantly.
32. Guzzle water all day long.
33. Never, ever, ever, ever, under any circumstances, text while you’re driving.
34. Recognize that you’re not always right and you don’t always have to be right.
35. People are more important than “things.”
36. Read your horoscope regularly.
37. Call someone you haven’t spoken to in a while.
38. As Nike says, “Just do it.” Go for it. Whatever it is, take that leap!
39. Laugh regularly and often.
40. Be creative. Draw, paint, sing, dance…whatever creative means to you!
41. Deal with problems when they arise. They are sure to become worse by ignoring them.
42. Avoid blame, and rather seek solutions.
43. Breathe slowly.
44. Tell yourself you are loved, by you!
45. “Resign your position as General Manager of the Universe.” ~Jeffrey Gitomer
46. Take a bath, not to get clean, but to relax and think.
47. Reduce, resuse, recycle every single day for the rest of your life.
48. Zap negative thoughts with an invisible “laser zapper” and replace them with invisible flowers and puppies and waves and sunsets.
49. Tell yourself its okay not to have all the answers.
50. Declutter and live uncluttered.
51. Don’t be afraid to get dirty, or wet, or sweaty.
52. Walk in a parade once per year.
53. Have faith in something.
54. Be open to new ideas and concepts; ask other for their advice and opinions on things and situations.
55. Keep your advice to yourself unless you are asked …or someone is in danger.
56. Create an arsenal of great conversation starters. Examples: Memorize 10 jokes. Keep up with international news. Have interesting apps on your phone that are “share”-worthy.
57. Expect that there will be days when you don’t want to get out of bed, but get up anyway.
58. Quit worrying about what other people think. What matters is what YOU think!
59. Get some sunshine; ie, Vitamin D synthesis.
60. Don’t get too much sunshine…protect your skin.
61. Frame sentences in the positive rather than the negative…. By way of example: “I was once asked why I don’t participate in anti-war demonstrations. I said that I will never do that, but as soon as you have a pro-peace rally, I’ll be there.“ ~Mother Teresa
62. Sing along to your favorite music. Loud.
63. In times of trouble, know that everything in your life is going to be okay. It is okay. Its always been okay. It will always be okay.
64. Keep in mind always that no one gets to live your life but you.
65. Practice safe sex and make sure you’re also practicing loving sex.
66. Indulge in something decadent every now and then but not always or regularly.
67. Listen to your intuition when its screaming and also when its whispering. It’s always right.
68. Above everything else, love people.
69. Practice feeling genuinely happy for the achievements of others.
71. Engage in thinking before acting.
72. Make the most of every day.
73. When you’re in an emotional conversation, “count to 10” before you say anything.
74. Eat lots of fiber. Good digestion is key to positivity.
75. Make “Theme Days.” Examples could be: “Resolution Day” where you make resolutions like you normally do on January 1st, but its not January 1st. “Smiley Face Day” where you sign your name with a smiley face at the end all day. “Forgiveness Day” where you silently forgive people in your life, including yourself, and let go of grudges you’ve been holding onto.
76. Ask for help when you need it.
77. Give help when others are in need.
78. Speak the truth always. Always, without fail, unless you have to lie…. JK! – practice the truth always!
79. Be trustworthy …Follow through with your promises. Keep your word. Keep the secrets of others who confide in you.
80. Maintain healthy cholesterol and blood pressure levels.
81. Get enough sleep.
82. Trust you gut.
83. Tell your fears to “Get lost,” “Go for a hike,” “Scadaddle,” “Scoot,” “Get the **** **** ****outta here.” …Phrase it how it works for you.
84. Become a “Hugger” and if you’re already a “Hugger,” keep it up! BTW–The best way to hug is heart to heart.
85. Celebrate holidays and non-holidays. Example: Create a holiday called “Bubble Gum Day.” Chew gum all day and give bubble gum out to everyone you see.
86. Find the silver lining in every situation.
87. Know when you need to put yourself in “Time Out” and do it.
88. Live presently; don’t allow yesterday to consume today or tomorrow. Likewise, don’t allow the past decade to consume this one or the next.
89. Fortune favors the bold. …and the patient, and those who work for it and believe in it.
90. Release perfectionism, unless you are a surgeon, an astronaut or a race-car driver.
91. Love people for who they are and tell them you love them at every possible opportunity.
92. Take vacations, and if you can’t afford one, take a “Staycation,” where you stay home, but relax and/or do things you normally wouldn’t do unless you were on vacation.
93. Be a cheerleader! Encourage others to fulfill their dreams.
94. Know when its okay to bend the rules and absolutely when its not.
95. Always remember to ask others how they’re doing and how their family is doing.
96. Keep a gratitude journal…or a journal of quotes, or songs, or words you like, or whatever comes to mind when you sit down for “private” time with your journal. …Make “private time” for you and your journal.
97. Remember that life is a teacher.
98. Learn words and/or sentences in other languages.
99. Let your uniqueness be apparent.
100. Be responsible, but not uptight.
101. Trust your crazy ideas!